Friday, December 26, 2008

Okay, so I go to get into the tub today to soak away all the stress of the holidays. I fill up the tub, and try to turn it off when the stem in the handle breaks. So this means that I can't turn off the water, and Steven is up on some mountain somewhere hunting. Could these crazy things ever happen while he is actually reachable by phone, of course not!
So picture me sitting in the tub (note: for my sake and yours, picture me in the tub fully dressed) the tub is full already, and I am frantically trying to turn the water off and it's not working. I'm thinking,"what am I going to do, the tub is going to overflow! (It hasn't occurred to me to pull the plug yet, duh!) I haven't finished shaving my leg yet!" Finally I realize that I should pull the plug, and I try to finish shaving my leg, but the tub is still getting fuller. What to do? Oh yeah, get out of the tub idiot! That helped tremendously. So here I am with one leg only half shaved, and more stressed than when I got in to de-stress! Just lovely. By the way thank you to Dave next store for coming and helping me to get it turned off.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.... oh dear I would of loved to see you doing all of this, stupid handles break off of ours too! I'm glad you didn't flood!

lissa said...

LOL! Omigosh. I am still laughing thinking about the panic of trying to get the water off! Thanks for the giggle.

aubs said...

I am just glad that it was an incident with the tub and not like the AT HOME SELF WAXER incident...that was funny!

Julie W said...

Thanks for sharing so we could all have a good laugh.

Derick and Becky said...

I am reading this thinking, what is she going to do! Duh, get out of the tub and drain it! I didn't think of that until I read it. I am glad it didn't overflow all over the place!

easleyfamily said...

Ya, I totally didn't think that you should just pull the plug! The thought didn't even occur in my mind, so I think you're brilliant! :) Why shave your legs anyways? Its wintertime...grow a coat to keep you warm :)

easleyfamily said...

BTW: what is the home self waxer incident??? Sounds like another story to share :)