Okay I have to rant for just a minuite, the Dr. at the emergency room in A.F. is an idiot! When we were there the other night he told me that if they did the test for meningitis that we would most likely be admitted. So he did the test, which consisted of him inserting a large needle into Stevens back and getting a sample of spinal fluid, they told us that we were being admitted and then about 30 minuits later the Dr. comes in and tells that whatever Steven has, it IS NOT meningitis and that we are being discharged and to follow up with ouf family Dr. in two days. So two days later, and Steven is still not feeling any better, we go to see our family Dr. and he pulls the labs from the E.R. and proceeds to tell us that Steven DOES have meningitis and that he never should have been released from the hospital! Apparently the E.R. Dr. took the spinal fluid sample , but never bothered to get the results, and just sent us home! If it had been bacterial Steven could have died! So the moral of my story is, if you have to go the E.R. in American Fork, and your Dr. is Mich Jones- ASK FOR ANOTHER DR.!
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! What a joke. I'm so sorry that had to happen, is he okay? What do you need?
I wonder if that is the same dr that Lori Eggleston had look at her foot.
That is terrible! I hope that he is starting to feel better!
I HOPE you are still going to tell the ER supervisor/staff what happened, u should, but i hope he is starting to feel better.
That is just WRONG!! I'm glad Steven is feeling a little better, anyway. Hang in there - call if you need anything (especially now that your lesson week is past), no really, anything!!
That is HORRIBLE! However, I should tell you that he is my dad...ok, I'm joking!
Do you guys need ANYTHING? I hear he's starting to feel better...True? How are you doing? Sometimes it's harder on the caretaker than anyone else!
Post a Comment